New User? Sign Up / Forgot Your Password?
All Live
Projections
    All Live Projections

    GameChangers (02/24/14)

    John Ewing, Director of Research and Analytics, @johnewing
    By John Ewing
    GameChangers, a look at plays that impacted the outcomes of NCAA college basketball games. If you have a suggestion for a GameChanger please direct all ideas via twitter to @johnewing.


     
    To highlight the Live ScoreCaster, we will take our in-game technology, Live ScoreCaster, to the next level to review the game-changing plays from college basketball and what the game would have looked like if the plays had turned out differently. 
     
    Click the links for each game to see the Live ScoreCaster charts as well as more analysis in the new Game Breakdown section.
     
    Syracuse vs. Duke
     
    With Syracuse trailing Duke 60-58, C.J. Fair drove for what looked like a game tying layup but was called for charging. Syracuse Head Coach Jim Boeheim lost his cool after the controversial call and received a double technical resulting in his first ejection in 38 years of coaching. Duke’s Quinn Cook hit three of the four free throws and the Blue Devils expected win probability increased from 64% to 85% leading 63-58.
     
    This is the second time we have simulated Bracketology and projected Creighton to win the national title. Unfortunately for Creighton fans, the Bluejays odds to win it all have decreased. Three weeks ago Creighton had 11.8% chance to win it all, this week their odds have dropped to 10.7%.
     
    Kentucky vs. LSU
     
    Julius Randle’s putback off a blocked shot gave Kentucky a 77-76 lead with less than 5 seconds remaining. LSU’s odds of winning decreased to 38%. Had the blocked shot landed in the hands of an LSU player, Kentucky would have been forced to foul. Successful free throws would have given LSU a 78-75 lead. The Tigers expected win probability would have increased to 60%.
     
    However, the ball did not bounce that way and LSU is now 5-42 all-time when playing in Lexington.
     
    San Diego State vs. New Mexico
     
    San Diego State trailed 29-22 at the half. The Aztecs scored the first points of the 2nd half increasing their odds of winning to 37% trailing by 5 points. After that score however, New Mexico went on a 21-2 run that increased the Lobos’ odds of winning from 63% to 99%.
     
    There wasn’t much San Diego State could do as the Aztecs only had two turnovers during the 21-2 run. It was just the Lobos’ day; we had New Mexico as the projected winner before the game started.
     
     
     
    Print This Article
    PREVIOUS ARTICLE
    Parity? (02/26/14)
    NEXT ARTICLE
    GameChangers (02/17/14)
    Want More Tips and Information? Click To Register!

    COMMENTS

    SEARCH BLOGS

    ARCHIVE

    Ad

    The Predictalator

    The Predictalator is the most advanced sports forecasting software available today because it has the ability to account for all of the relevant statistical interactions of the players, coaches, officials, home field advantage and weather in each game.

    Picks for every game, including our Play Value Key and Calculator recommendations for optimal bankroll management and access to the Play Analyzer can be purchased in the Shop or by game here.

    04/24/2017 Highlight: With baseball season now in full swing, we can leverage our ResultsFinder tool to profile our season-to-date numbers. MLB sides, totals, and run lines have all been profitable to date, generating a total of $580 for an average $50 bettor. There are have been a total of nine "normal" or better positions year-to-date, and those positions are a sparkling 8-1 (88.9%), producing $393 in total profits. There is a ton of variance in baseball and there will be ups-and-downs along the way, but the early returns on the Predictalator's baseball projections are promising.

    The NBA Playoffs tipped off this week and the Predictalator is off to a stellar start. With a full season's worth of data to work with, the Predictalator has historically fared very well in the postseason across all sports, and this year has been no different. NBA playoff sides are 9-7 (56.3%) ATS, while NBA playoff totals are 15-9 (62.5%) through Sunday's action. A $50 bettor would have amassed $401 in total profits through the first week of the postseason alone.

    Check out the Shop now to learn more.

    Recommended Features

    LOGIN

    LATEST ARTICLES

    MLB - The So What?
    We use 50,000 simulations of the rest of the MLB season to analyze major personnel changes, including Miguel Cabrera's injury, Cody Bellinger's call up and the Seattle Mariners' mess.

    NHL Playoff Probabilities - Updated 4/24
    We simulate the rest of the NHL playoffs 50,000 times to provide each remaining team's updated probability of reaching each level of the postseason.

    FIND US ONLINE


    SportsRadar


    All registered accounts are subject to our General Terms Of Service. Content is intended for informational purposes only. This is not a gambling website.

    FSTA Member 2015
    Home | The Predictalator | Blog | Privacy |  Media Contact |  B2B Solutions |  Sitemap |  Customer Support | 
    © 2010-2015 PredictionMachine.com, LLC. All rights reserved. | Site Designed by Randombell.com