New User? Sign Up / Forgot Your Password?
All Live
Projections
    All Live Projections

    GameChangers (05/08/14)

    John Ewing, Director of Research and Analytics, @johnewing
    By John Ewing
    A look at highlights from the most recent game from each NBA Playoff series utilizing Live ScoreCaster.



    Live ScoreCaster allows you to view current scores and play-by-play as well as live, updating projections from 50,000 simulations of the remaining time in each NBA game. Live ScoreCaster is totally free and available at PredictionMachine.com and for download on iTunes.

    After each NBA Playoff game we breakdown some highlights from the Live projections throughout each game. Click each matchup to view the Live ScoreCaster chart that tells the story of that game.

    Pacers vs. Wizards

    Roy Hibbert scored a season high 28 points and the Pacers evened the series at one game apiece beating Washington 86-82. Even with the big game from Hibbert, the Wizards had a chance to win late.

    With 5:02 left to play, Washington leading 77-74, the Wizards were 66 percent likely to win. Indiana responded with an 8-2 run that increased the Pacers' expected win probability from 34 percent to 77 percent.

    A defining play occurred on the ensuing Washington possession. Down three with 2:25 left in the game, Marcin Gortat got an offensive rebound. John Wall then launched a deep three instead of running a play. The Wizards never recovered. Had Wall setup a play and Washington scored to make it a one point game, the Wizards expected win probability increases from 23 percent to 38 percent. Had Wall's long three been good to tie the game, Washington's expected win probability increases to 46 percent.

    Thunder vs. Clippers

    Oklahoma City evened their series at one game apiece with a 112-101 victory. MVP Kevin Durant had 32 points, 12 rebounds and nine assists as the Thunder, who did trail at different points in the first half, were always the projected winner.

    OKC became 99 percent likely to win with 8:28 left in the fourth.


    Print This Article
    PREVIOUS ARTICLE
    GameChangers (05/12/14)
    NEXT ARTICLE
    GameChangers (05/01/14)
    Want More Tips and Information? Click To Register!

    COMMENTS

    SEARCH BLOGS

    ARCHIVE

    Ad

    The Predictalator

    The Predictalator is the most advanced sports forecasting software available today because it has the ability to account for all of the relevant statistical interactions of the players, coaches, officials, home field advantage and weather in each game.

    Picks for every game, including our Play Value Key and Calculator recommendations for optimal bankroll management and access to the Play Analyzer can be purchased in the Shop or by game here.

    04/24/2017 Highlight: With baseball season now in full swing, we can leverage our ResultsFinder tool to profile our season-to-date numbers. MLB sides, totals, and run lines have all been profitable to date, generating a total of $580 for an average $50 bettor. There are have been a total of nine "normal" or better positions year-to-date, and those positions are a sparkling 8-1 (88.9%), producing $393 in total profits. There is a ton of variance in baseball and there will be ups-and-downs along the way, but the early returns on the Predictalator's baseball projections are promising.

    The NBA Playoffs tipped off this week and the Predictalator is off to a stellar start. With a full season's worth of data to work with, the Predictalator has historically fared very well in the postseason across all sports, and this year has been no different. NBA playoff sides are 9-7 (56.3%) ATS, while NBA playoff totals are 15-9 (62.5%) through Sunday's action. A $50 bettor would have amassed $401 in total profits through the first week of the postseason alone.

    Check out the Shop now to learn more.

    Recommended Features

    LOGIN

    LATEST ARTICLES

    NHL Playoff Probabilities - Updated 4/24
    We simulate the rest of the NHL playoffs 50,000 times to provide each remaining team's updated probability of reaching each level of the postseason.

    NBA Four Quarters
    Sean Pyritz breaks down the first round of the NBA Playoffs thus far and hands out his Sixth Man of the Week award.

    FIND US ONLINE


    SportsRadar


    All registered accounts are subject to our General Terms Of Service. Content is intended for informational purposes only. This is not a gambling website.

    FSTA Member 2015
    Home | The Predictalator | Blog | Privacy |  Media Contact |  B2B Solutions |  Sitemap |  Customer Support | 
    © 2010-2015 PredictionMachine.com, LLC. All rights reserved. | Site Designed by Randombell.com